Why do we age? How is the brain of an 18-year-old different from the brain of an 81-year-old? What can you do to stay fit and mentally sharp as you grow older?
In recognition of Healthy Aging month, join us for a weekend of special activities celebrating opportunities for staying healthy at any age. Aging isn’t just for the old—people of all ages will learn something new with our interactive exhibits and hands-on activities!
- Learn why we age and see how our bodies and brains change throughout life.
- Take our digital avatar AGNES for a spin to experience for yourself the physical and sensory changes that occur during aging.
- Put your memory to the test and learn fun techniques to sharpen your short-term memory.
- Consider how the demographics of an aging population affect society.
- Get in the driver’s seat of our driving simulator and see how aging affects attention and responsiveness.
- Learn healthy eating tips & tricks to keep your body and mind fit throughout life.
- Share your views on wisdom, memory, and the future.
Special Healthy Aging activities are included with regular museum admission ($7 adults, $4 students and active military). No advance ticket purchase required.