Share your resolution for reducing carbon emissions.
The new year is upon us and it is time to make resolutions for 2013. Eat healthier. Exercise more. Volunteer regularly. But wait, something is missing. What about a resolution for… the planet?
Each of us contributes to the accumulation of greenhouse gasses, especially carbon dioxide and methane. But with small and simple lifestyle changes each of us can decrease our individual carbon footprint. This coming year, how about adding a “green resolution” - a resolution for reducing carbon emissions - to your list? Some great sources of inspiration and information include:
Come up with a "green resolution" and share it with us via photo.
Here are some examples to get you started:
- Use a rain barrel to collect water for the lawn: reduces the energy used to clean and transport water.
- Shop at a thrift store: reduces the need for virgin resources.
- Maintain optimum car tire pressure: maximizes gas mileage.
- Participate in an educational outreach program: helps spread the word.
- Take a picture documenting your “green resolution”. See the examples above for ideas.
- Upload your photo to a public site (such as instagram, flickr or others) and send us the link via the submission form at the end of the page.
- In the submission form tell us about your resolution: why you chose it and why you think it will help.
We will share submissions as they come in. Be sure to check back to see what others are doing and get more ideas.